Feedback from the 2017 ERN-Skin course
The first ERN-Skin course was held at the Skin and Allergy Hospital, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland, on 14-15 May 2017. The programme focused on “How to use new genetic methods in clinical diagnoses of rare skin diseases“, with interactive discussion and talks.
The ERN-Skin financed travel and accommodation for 5 health care professionals from European Union Member States which have no health care provider within the ERN-Skin:
- Anthoula Chatzikyriakidou, Laboratory of Medical Biology-Genetics, Medical School, Aristotle University, Greece
- Katarína Soršaková Trnovská, Children’s Faculty Hospital, Department of Dermatovenerology, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Luca Lovrecic, University Medical Center Ljubljana, Clinical Institute of Medical Genetics, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Sanita Zigure, the Children’s University Hospital, Riga, Latvia
- Radostina Deliyska, University Hospital “Prof. Dr. Stoyan Kirkovich” Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
“In the ERN-Skin course in Finland, I had the chance to be informed over Genodermatoses & Rare Skin Disorders and to meet expert scientists in this field of interest for future collaboration.”
– Anthoula Chatzikyriakidou, Laboratory of Medical Biology-Genetics, Medical School, Aristotle University, Greece
“Firstly I would like to appreciate the high scientific value of lectures focused on the latest advancement in the care of rare skin diseases, in particular gene diagnostics methods, basics of the genetics and the latest news in gene therapy. Secondly this course was a great opportunity to meet experts from other countries, to share experience in the organization of care for the rare skin diseases patients. Knowledge, experience and the contacts acquired during the course have strong impact on my daily practice treating rare skin diseases patients in Slovakia.
– Katarína Soršaková Trnovská, Children’s Faculty Hospital, Department of Dermatovenerology, Bratislava, Slovakia